GoldSim 11.1 Released
Issaquah, WA (USA) - June 3, 2014 - GoldSim 11.1 has been released.
GoldSim 11.1 adds a number of new features, tweaks some of the modifications we made to GoldSim 11 in response to user requests, and addresses some minor bugs.
Some of the most notable new features and capabilities are listed below:
- A number of new options for controlling the way that Results are displayed have been added. In particular, you can control how many significant figures are displayed in result displays and tool-tips, and you can control whether or not to use scientific notation.
- In versions previous to GoldSim 11 (e.g., 10.5), you could disable these unscheduled updates so that they were not inserted. In GoldSim 11, this option was removed so that unscheduled updates were always inserted. In GoldSim 11.1, you again have the option to disable unscheduled updates.
- You can now recover a copy of your model file should GoldSim unexpectedly terminate for some reason while your file is open. This allows you to restore changes you made to the file since you last manually saved it.
- You can display statistical results in output controls within a Dashboard. In previous versions, you could display the final value of an output, but could not display a statistical value for that output generated using Monte Carlo simulation (e.g., the mean, or a particular percentile). Each output control now provides additional options for defining the statistical result to display.
- Major changes were made to GoldSim’s SubModel capabilities that provide great flexibility and power to users who utilize this advanced feature.
All of the new features are described in detail in the GoldSim 11.1 Summary Document.
In addition to an updated Help system to describe all the new features, updated user manuals are installed with the software (in PDF format). Bound manuals can also be ordered directly from Amazon.com (and this is likely to be less expensive than printing and binding them yourself.
All users with current Subscriptions are encouraged to download this new version. All users with current Subscriptions can download GoldSim 11.1 directly from the Download Section of the GoldSim website.