Using Simulation to Support Strategic Planning
Strategic planning typically involves development and evaluation of one or more alternative strategies to identify the approach that offers the greatest potential for success. When strategic planning is dependent on complex systems that are highly uncertain, even the most sophisticated strategic planners often conclude that the unknowns are insurmountable and end up making a decision based on intuition. GoldSim offers the opportunity to explicitly quantify your uncertainties in order to elevate your strategic planning process from intuition to a rational and defensible quantitative methodology.
By combining the flexibility of a general-purpose and highly-graphical probabilistic simulation framework with specialized features to support financial modeling and optimization, GoldSim allows you to create quantitative and transparent business models to support your strategic planning efforts and make better decisions in the face of uncertainty. Some of GoldSim’s key features that make this possible include the ability to:
Some examples of how GoldSim simulation software has been used to support strategic planning include the following:
To learn more, you can:
- Download our Strategic Planning White Paper to see how GoldSim can be applied for strategic planning applications;
- Take the GoldSim Quick Tour to quickly learn about GoldSim's features and capabilities;
- Learn more about GoldSim's Financial Module, an add-on extension to GoldSim to help you model the financial components of your systems;
- Compare GoldSim to the most commonly used strategic planning tool, the spreadsheet;
- Request a free web demo, in which one of our technical staff shares his/her desktop while answering your questions and demonstrating the application of GoldSim to strategic planning; and/or
- Request a free Evaluation and try GoldSim for yourself.