GoldSim Version 10.1 Released
Issaquah, WA (USA) - January 11, 2010 - Version 10.1 of GoldSim was released on January 11, 2010. This new version has a large number of new features and enhancements, including:
- A new feature called Resources. A Resource is something that has a limited supply (e.g., spare parts, fuel, skilled personnel, money) and is required in order for elements of the modeled system to carry out certain actions.
- Significant modifications to the Time Series element, including the ability to randomly sample and time shift historic data records, import time histories from other models, and manage multiple time series data sets in a single element.
- Significant enhancements to array processing functions.
- Modifications to the Allocator element to allow for alternative approaches for handling equal priorities (you can now either share equally or share proportionally to the demands).
- Improvements to the Discrete Change Delay element to better support modeling discrete processes (e.g., referencing the signal’s attribute when defining the delay time).
- Improved command line options to support batch processing.
- In previous versions of GoldSim, if you modified the graphical properties of the influences connecting elements (e.g., changed the shape or color) and then copied and pasted (or moved) the Container in which those influences were located, the graphical properties were lost. In GoldSim 10.1, these properties are preserved in the new (pasted) Container.
- Several significant new features and modifications in the Reliability and Contaminant Transport Modules.
A complete list of changes can be found in the Summary Document. It is strongly recommended that you read this document to get a quick introduction to the new features.All users with current Subscriptions can download Version 10 directly from the Download Section.