Do you have an Academic licensing program?
We provide GoldSim to teachers and students at no cost, and to academic researchers at a significantly reduced price (a 75% discount off the commercial license price). To date, GoldSim is being used at over 200 academic institutions in nearly 40 countries worldwide.
Learn more: GoldSim Academic and Research Licenses
Why do you provide Academic licenses for free?
Some of our best feedback and suggestions for improving GoldSim come from students, researchers, and teachers. Moreover, students using our free Academic license eventually graduate, and often go on to purchase our commercial product when they enter the workforce.
What are the requirements and limitations of an Academic license?
- You must be an instructor or student at an academic institution. You must provide an email address associated with the institution.
- Academic licenses are intended to be used for teaching and "internally funded" graduate student research (i.e., student research funded at a low-level, typically using departmental funds) at academic institutions.
- Academic licenses are not intended for private or government research institutions or for "externally funded" research (i.e., sponsored research projects or research carried out by staff) at academic institutions.
- Academic licenses cannot be used for consulting or other commercial purposes.
- If GoldSim Academic is used to generate results which are published, we request that the GoldSim Technology Group be acknowledged in the paper (and informed of the publication).
- When academic users renew their free license (after 1 year), we require a brief description of how you have been using GoldSim, including references to any papers or conference proceedings that have been published. In addition, if you are actively using GoldSim, we request that you add a simple link back to us on your web site.
The only technical limitation is that models built using GoldSim Academic are limited to 500 elements or less (the size of GoldSim Pro models is unlimited). GoldSim Academic includes all the GoldSim modules (with the exception of the Dashboard Authoring Module). However, GoldSim Academic does not include technical support. GoldSim Academic licenses have a limited duration (typically 1 year), but can be renewed.
What are the requirements and limitations of a Research license?
- You must be a researcher or student at an academic institution. You must provide an email address associated with the institution.
- Research licenses are intended to be used by faculty at academic institutions for use on research projects. They are not intended for use by private or government-sponsored research laboratories and institutions.
- Research licenses cannot be used for consulting or other commercial purposes.
GoldSim Research offers the same powerful features as GoldSim Pro with no feature limitations whatsoever. GoldSim Research also includes technical support. GoldSim Research licenses, like GoldSim Pro licenses, are permanent and do not expire.
I want to use GoldSim in a class I am teaching. Can all of my students get a copy of GoldSim?
Yes. Generally, we ask each student to request a license. They must provide the contact information for the instructor/professor, and must use an email account associated with the academic institution. We can also set up a site license for a student lab. If you have a large number of students who will need licenses, please contact us at email@example.com.