Water Resources Management
Water Resources, Water Supply and Hydrological Modeling
Water resources and hydrological modeling projects typically involve simulating systems made up of many component parts that are interrelated, and in some cases, poorly characterized. In most situations, the hydrological system is driven by stochastic variables (i.e., precipitation, evaporation, demand) and involves uncertain processes, parameters, and events.
The challenge when evaluating water supply and resource systems is to find an approach that can incorporate all the knowledge available to planners and management into a quantitative framework that can be used to simulate and predict the outcome of alternative approaches and policies. To be effective, the simulation framework needs to be flexible (so that it can accurately represent the systems), transparent (so the models can be easily explained to decision-makers and stakeholders), and able to explicitly represent the uncertainties and stochastic processes inherent in such systems.
By combining the flexibility of a general-purpose and highly-graphical probabilistic simulation framework with specialized modules to support mass transport modeling, reliability analysis, financial modeling and optimization, GoldSim simulation software allows you to create realistic models of water supply, water resource, and hydrological systems in order to carry out risk analyses, evaluate potential environmental impacts, support strategic planning, and make better resource management decisions. This allows organizations to effectively integrate risk management into their organizations and thereby improve the financial and environmental performance of the project or operation.
GoldSim is used by some of the leading environmental consulting firms in the world for water resource and hydrological modeling applications, including Bechtel, CDM, CH2M Hill, Golder Associates, MWH, SKM, and URS.
Some examples of how GoldSim has been used to address water resource issues include the following:
To learn more, you can:
- Download our Integrated Water Resources Management White Paper to see how GoldSim can be applied for water resources applications;
- Download a two-page brochure summarizing how GoldSim can be used for integrated water resources management;
- View some technical papers describing the use of GoldSim for water resource management applications;
- Take the GoldSim Quick Tour to quickly learn about GoldSim's features and capabilities;
- Compare GoldSim to other simulation approaches;
- Request a free web demo, in which one of our technical staff shares his/her desktop while answering your questions and demonstrating the application of GoldSim to water resources and hydrological modeling problems; and/or
- Request a free Evaluation and try GoldSim for yourself.