Lesson 3 - How This Course is Organized
This Course is organized into 17 Units:
- Unit 2 - Basic Concepts
- Unit 3 - Exploring and Running a Simple Model
- Unit 4 - Building a Simple Model
- Unit 5 - Understanding and Working with Elements
- Unit 6 - Carrying Out a Dynamic Simulation
- Unit 7 - Modeling Material Flows
- Unit 8 - Representing Complex Dynamics: Loops and Delays
- Unit 9 - Building Hierarchical Models
- Unit 10 - Dealing with Dates and Time
- Unit 11 - Probabilistic Simulation: Part I
- Unit 12 - Probabilistic Simulation: Part II
- Unit 13: Modeling Discrete Events
- Unit 14 - Modeling Scenarios
- Unit 15 - Documenting Your Model
- Unit 16: Creating Dashboards and Player Files
- Unit 17: The Next Steps: Becoming an Expert GoldSim Modeler
A typical Unit will typically take from 30 minutes to as long as 2 hours or more to complete, depending on your experience, how methodical and carefully you tend to work, and the material being covered (some of the later Units are much more complex than the earlier Units).
Each Unit is divided into a number of “Lessons”. Within the Lessons, we will sometimes refer to an “Example” model that you will be instructed to open and look at. In other Lessons, you will be assigned an “Exercise” – a simple model that you will build in order to learn a particular concept. The completed Exercises are available to you to download, but of course you will learn much more by first attempting each Exercise yourself.
Each Unit concludes with a summary of the key concepts and features that were covered.