Lesson 6 - Other GoldSim Resources
Now that you have completed this Course, you are ready to dive in and start using GoldSim. You now have all the tools necessary to become a proficient modeler. Becoming a proficient (and eventually, an expert) modeler, of course, will take practice.
There are no shortcuts to becoming an expert. Fortunately, there are a number or resources you can take advantage of to expand your knowledge. We’ve already discussed the GoldSim Model Library in the previous Lesson. But there are also other resources for you to take advantage of:
- Visit the GoldSim Forum. The Forum provides an opportunity for you to post questions to the GoldSim community, or just browse existing entries.
- Sign up for GoldSim webinars. The free monthly webinars demonstrate GoldSim features and capabilities. All webinars are archived, so if you cannot attend the live webinar, you can still view it online at any time.
- Follow the GoldSim Blog, which provides an informal mechanism for GoldSim staff to share their knowledge, point out some of the more advanced (and perhaps overlooked) GoldSim features, share and discuss common mistakes we see in GoldSim applications, discuss interesting applications, and keep you abreast of our plans for further GoldSim developments.
- Join the GoldSim LinkedIn Group, where we post important announcements (e.g., new versions, interesting applications), and you can interact with other users.
- Request on-site training. We can provide on-site training to follow-up on the material you learned in this Course (e.g., learn about one of GoldSim’s extension modules, learn how to apply GoldSim to a specific application).
- Get help with specific applications from GoldSim consultants.
Of course, you are strongly encouraged to take advantage of the detailed GoldSim user documentation. PDF versions of the documentation are installed with the software. You can also order bound copies of the manuals from Amazon.
Finally, When you purchase GoldSim, you are entitled to one year of free support (GoldSim Help Center), and this can be extended every year through the GoldSim Maintenance Program. This does not include assistance in building and debugging your models, but it does include answering questions on how to use GoldSim’s features, so do not hesitate to contact us.
Good luck and we hope you enjoy using GoldSim!