Lesson 1 - Unit 4 Overview
"Whoever wants to reach a distant goal must take small steps."
- Saul Bellow
In this Unit we will build the model that we explored in the last Unit. That is, instead of viewing the completed model, we will build the entire model from start to finish. Building this simple model will help you to continue to get used to using the GoldSim user interface. This Unit will provide step-by-step instructions for building the model that you can follow. Note that we will still not talk in detail about the various types of elements that we will use in this Unit. At this point, you still don’t need to worry about those details. We will discuss those in subsequent Units. Our goal here is to simply “get your hands dirty” with building an entire model.
Specifically, you will learn how to:
- Create a new (empty) model in GoldSim;
- Create and edit Data elements;
- Create and edit Expression elements;
- Create and edit a Pool element;
- Define the simulation settings and run the model; and
- View results and create and edit a Time History Result element.
This Unit has a total of 10 Lessons (including this overview and a summary at the end).