Lesson 10 - Unit 4 Summary
Congratulations! You’ve built your first GoldSim model.
In this Unit we built an entire model from start to finish. In doing so, you did the following:
- Created a new (empty) model in GoldSim;
- Created and edited Data elements;
- Created and edited Expression elements;
- Created and edited a Pool element;
- Learned a bit about proper model design (making sure all inputs to the model are specified using Input elements);
- Defined the simulation settings; and
- Created and edited a Time History Result element.
Although we did not talk about the various elements in detail, at this point you don’t need to worry about those details. We will discuss those in subsequent Units. Our goal here was to simply “get your hands dirty” with building an entire model. Hopefully by doing so you are starting to become more comfortable with the user interface.
Now that you have an overview of what GoldSim is and how to navigate the user interface, starting in the next Unit, we will start to explore GoldSim in much greater detail.