By combining the flexibility of a general-purpose and highly-graphical probabilistic simulation framework with specialized modules to support mass transport modeling, GoldSim allows you to create realistic models of complex, real-world multi-media environmental systems.
Because of these powerful capabilities, GoldSim is the premier tool in the world for carrying out probabilistic performance assessments of proposed and existing radioactive waste management sites. These performance assessments all utilize the GoldSim Radionuclide Transport (RT) Module, which includes specialized and powerful features to facilitate simulation of radionuclide transport within a range of environmental media.
The RT Module can accurately and efficiently model complex processes such as decay and ingrowth of reaction/decay products, solubility constraints, sorption onto porous media, release from engineered barriers, diffusive trainsport, and transport of contaminants on particulates.
The list of organizations that use GoldSim simulation software to address radioactive waste management issues includes the following:
- Austria (IAEA)
- Czech Republic (RWRA, NRI)
- Egypt (Egyptian Atomic Energy Agency)
- France (ANDRA, IRSN)
- Germany (DBE Technology, Wismut)
- Japan (JAEA, JNFL, JNES, JGC, Kajima, Mitsubishi, NUMO, Taisei, Tepco, Toyo)
- Peoples Republic of China (Beijing Institute of Uranium Geology, China Institute of Radiation Protection)
- Poland (Polish Geological Institute)
- Russian Federation (VNIPIpromtechnologii OJSC)
- Slovak Republic (VUJE)
- South Korea (KAERI, KAIST, KINS, KINAC, KORAD)
- Spain (ENRESA)
- Taiwan (INER, Industrial Technology Research Institute)
- Ukraine (Centeral Enterprise for the Management of Radioactive Waste)
- United Kingdom (LLW Repository Ltd., National Nuclear Laboratory, Nuclear Decommissioning Authority, Environment Agency, Galson, Quintessa)
- United States (Argonne National Laboratory, CH2M Hill Plateau Remediation, EnergySolutions, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Los Alamos National Laboratory, Nevada Test Site, Sandia National Laboratories, Savannah River National Laboratory, Southwest Research Institute, Texas Commission on Environmental Quality, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, Washington River Protection Solutions, Waste Control Specialists)
A few of these radioactive waste management applications are summarized below:
In addition, you can view a number of technical papers related to radioactive waste management.
To learn more, you can:
- Download our Radioactive and Hazardous Waste White Paper to see how GoldSim can be applied for radioactive and hazardous waste applications;
- View some technical papers describing the use of GoldSim for radioactive waste management applications;
- Take the GoldSim Quick Tour to quickly learn about GoldSim's features and capabilities;
- Compare GoldSim to other simulation approaches;
- Request a free web demo, in which one of our technical staff shares his/her desktop while answering your questions and demonstrating the application of GoldSim to radioactive and hazardous waste problems; and/or
- Request a free Evaluation and try GoldSim for yourself.