We offer free, monthly webinars to present GoldSim features and applications. Upcoming webinars are listed below. If you would like to be placed on our Webinar Mailing List to be reminded every month of the upcoming webinar, contact us.
All webinars are recorded, and these provide an excellent resource for learning about GoldSim features and applications.
Materials and video recordings of past webinars are available on our Webinar Archive Page.
Modeling Discrete Events
Presented by: Rick Kossik
A discrete event is something that occurs instantaneously (as opposed to continuously or gradually) in time. It represents a “spike”, a discontinuity, or a discrete change of state for the system. GoldSim handles “instantaneous” changes to a model by providing a mechanism for a model to generate and respond to discrete events. This is accomplished by providing the ability to instantaneously trigger an element to take a particular action (e.g., instantaneously change its value) in response to an event. Hence, in GoldSim, an event is specifically defined as an instantaneous occurrence that subsequently triggers a particular action.
This webinar will introduce you to modeling discrete events in GoldSim and walk you through building and running some models that can be incorporated into your applications.
30 November 2017 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM PST
- 30 November 2017 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM PST
If you would like further information about this topic, please contact us via the GoldSim Help Center.
Future Webinar Schedule
Below is a listing of our future webinars that are planned. You can click on the links below to register ahead of time.
- 30 November: Modeling Discrete Events
- 28 December: Muskingum Routing
- 25 January: Calibrating your model
- 22 Febrary: Understanding How GoldSim Results Differ from Spreadsheet Results
- 29 March: Modeling Cash Flow and Net Present Value
- 26 April: Snowmelt Runoff
- 31 May: Simulating Rainfall
- 28 June: Modeling Multiple Catchments in a Watershed
- 26 July: Reliability and Throughput for a Processing Facility
- 30 August: Scenario Results
- 27 September: Modeling Tailings Storage Facilities (guest speaker)
- 25 October: Linking GoldSim to Spreadsheets
- 29 November: Lake Water Quality
- 20 December: Dashboards
If you have a suggestion for a webinar topic, please contact us.