We offer free, monthly webinars to present GoldSim features and applications. Upcoming webinars are listed below. If you would like to be placed on our Webinar Mailing List to be reminded every month of the upcoming webinar, contact us.
All webinars are recorded (and posted to the site within a day or two), and these provide an excellent resource for learning about GoldSim features and applications.
Materials and video recordings of past webinars are available on our Webinar Archive Page.
Next Webinar: An Approach for Representing Coupled Processes in Complex Contaminant Transport Models
Guest Speakers: Zoltan Bothi and Tamas Olasz (WSP Golder – Hungary)
This webinar will discuss an approach for representing complex coupled processes (thermal, hydraulic, mechanical, chemical, gaseous and microbiological) in contaminant transport models. The approach does not require any linkage to external specialized models. As a result, it provides a transparent way of describing these coupled processes while enabling a probabilistic, top-down approach. The approach includes, among other things, new modeling techniques (using only GoldSim elements and features) for representing heat transport, a hybrid equilibrium-kinetic method for chemical processes, as well as the coupling of hydraulic and gaseous processes through the application of the extended unsaturated Darcy-equation considering fluid saturation related relative permeabilities. This approach was developed as part of the EURAD project, which collects professionals from across Europe for the research of safe radioactive waste management. However, the techniques are also applicable to other contaminant transport problems.
21 February 2023 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM PST
22 February 2023 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM PST
If you would like further information about this topic, please contact us via the GoldSim Help Center.
We are currently taking suggestions for topics covered in our future webinar schedule and we would love to hear about it. Please send suggestions to us here.
Alternatively, you can always post ideas in our Forum.
2023 Webinar Schedule
Below is a listing of our webinars that are tentatively scheduled for 2023:
- Jan - Precipitation Simulator (WGEN) with Long-Term Droughts - archive
- Feb - An Approach for Representing Coupled Processes in Complex Contaminant Transport Models Guest Speakers: Zoltan Bothi, Tamas Olasz (WSP Golder - Hungary) - register
- Mar – Unscheduled Time Steps and Their Impact on Modeling Flows (Rick Kossik)
- Apr – Snow Melt Modeling (Jason Lillywhite)
- May – Model Calibration Techniques (Jason Lillywhite)
- Jun - Triggering and Controlling Reservoir Outflows (Jason Lillywhite)
- Jul – Working with Scenarios (Rick Kossik)
- Aug – Organization Strategies for Large GoldSim Models (Jason Lillywhite)
- Sep – Simulating Active Feedback Control (Rick Kossik)
- Oct – Introduction to Monte Carlo Simulation (Rick Kossik)
- Nov – Linking GoldSim to External Tools (DLLs) (Jason Lillywhite)
- Dec – Introduction to the Reliability Module (Rick Kossik)
If you have a suggestion for a webinar topic, please contact us.