We offer free, monthly webinars to present GoldSim features and applications. Upcoming webinars are listed below. If you would like to be placed on our Webinar Mailing List to be reminded every month of the upcoming webinar, contact us.
All webinars are recorded, and these provide an excellent resource for learning about GoldSim features and applications.
Materials and video recordings of past webinars are available on our Webinar Archive Page.
Comparing GoldSim and Spreadsheet Results
The purpose of this presentation is to help GoldSim users who want to compare GoldSim model results to results of similar calculations done in a spreadsheet. Because of fundamental differences between spreadsheets and dynamic simulators like GoldSim, people sometimes have difficulty comparing time-dependent results in the two programs.
This webinar first shows the differences between dynamic simulation tools (i.e., GoldSim) and spreadsheets. Following this introduction, we will discuss some problems people commonly encounter when comparing GoldSim results to spreadsheet results. This webinar is intended to help the modeler appreciate the differences between dynamic simulation and spreadsheet modeling and provide instruction on how to avoid the problems that might arise in your applications that rely on spreadsheets.
Presented by: Jason Lillywhite
22 February 2018 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM PST
- 22 February 2018 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM PST
If you would like further information about this topic, please contact us via the GoldSim Help Center.
Future Webinar Schedule
Below is a listing of our future webinars that are planned. You can click on the links below to register ahead of time.
- 30 November: Modeling Discrete Events
- 21 December: Muskingum Routing
- 25 January: Calibrating your model
- 22 Febrary: Comparing GoldSim and Spreadsheet Results
- 29 March: Modeling Cash Flow and Net Present Value
- 26 April: Snowmelt Runoff
- 31 May: Simulating Rainfall
- 28 June: Modeling Multiple Catchments in a Watershed
- 26 July: Reliability and Throughput for a Processing Facility
- 30 August: Scenario Results
- 27 September: Modeling Tailings Storage Facilities (guest speaker)
- 25 October: Linking GoldSim to Spreadsheets
- 29 November: Lake Water Quality
- 20 December: Dashboards
If you have a suggestion for a webinar topic, please contact us.